Saturday, July 05, 2008

My desktop and a few notes.

Recently I've added support for cognitive entities - these are the internal manifestations of the information/events/objects that are perceived from the environment. This allows for the engine to makes decisions that are not directly tied to the environment, but however can be related to the environment at a later time.


Books that have recently solidified some of the approaches take within the Noumena Cognitive Engine are:
Understanding Understanding by Heinz Von Foerster
Cybernetics of Cybernetics
Cybernetics and Human Knowing
Understanding Systems
Models of Thought by Herbert Simon
An essay, "Human Chess Skill", by Neil Charness. This essay is excellent in that Charness describes the approach that humans take to solving problems (obviously relative to chess) - via an understanding of visual perception, memory and evaluative mechanisms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike - I followed the links to your blog here after you left a comment on my own about the Hyborian articles in "Battles For Wargamers".
It's a pity you didn't request the articles a few weeks ago because I uploaded all 15 parts to speedyshare over a month ago. Unfortunately, they are all now unavailable due to time limit restrictions with the speedyshare service.
It was quite a task to upload ALL the parts, not simply because the magazines are now somewhat worse for wear & are beginning to show their age (bit like me really).
Again unfortunately, I have returned the entire collection to it's usual resting place in the attic, which means I won't be able to access it until well after the new year. However, if I do bring the collection down again I'll post something on my blog...

http://theolddessauer.blogspot.com/

Steve.